Getting to use warm water inside your home when needed is one of the most soothing things anyone could ever experience. Whether you are feeling cold or just need a warm shower to refresh your mind, getting an unlimited supply of warm water is considered as luck by many people.
Some areas have limited water supplies, and this becomes a challenge for many homeowners. If they have a big family, they have to wait for their turn in the shower. Not only that, throwing a big party becomes a hassle when all the guests are gone, and you are stuck with the huge dishwashing task.
The lack of water supply and warm water will surely ruin your mood in this kind of situation without a doubt. This kind of situation is a clear sign that you have to replace your current heating system with a brand new tankless water heater.
Following the article, you will find out the function of this type of modern heater. Read on to find out more.
Tankless Water Heater: What It Is?
This kind of heater is very efficient to use in any kind of situation. The name ‘tankless’ refers that you don’t need to have storage of hot water for it to run smoothly.
You can simply turn the faucet and have the warm water running instantly. The heating system activates the time you rotate the faucet, and the incoming water gets heated along the process.
In case of a tank-based water heater, the water is continuously heated 24/7, whether you are at your home or not. Unfortunately, you will have a fixed amount of warm water whether you like it or not and your electricity bill will surely increase with time.
Also, the gas emitted from this system is harmful to the environment. Overall, this device is not a preferable choice for anyone in the long run.
How Does It Work?
As you have seen the meaning of tankless water heater, you obviously have got some idea about the kind of work it does. To broaden your knowledge, even more, check its function. All of it is written in a very easier way for your proper understanding.
This heater has an installed heating component known as a ‘heat exchanger’ that heats any kind of water (normal or cold). The exchanger is mainly electric coils or a powerful burning component (propane fueled), and it works very effectively in converting the temperature of the water.
When you turn the tap on, this mechanism gets heated from an external source at the beginning, and then it uses the generated energy onto the incoming water.
As a result, there won’t be any heat loss that you will face in the case of the tank-based heater. The good news is that you will be able to control the temperature according to your preference.
Benefits of Using It
- You will have an unlimited supply of water, and you won’t have to face any trouble with limited water. In winter, you will be happy that you have a tankless water heater installed in your home.
- The longevity of this heater is huge, and it is estimated at around five to ten years (maximum). This time range is way too higher than the regular tank based one. So, your investment will be a fruitful one.
- The size of this device is not that huge, and it will take a minimum amount of space in any of your rooms.
- When you get to look at your electricity bill, you will be surprised by the fact that it is lower than usual. You can then save your money for other expenditures.
- The price of this heater is high but don’t change your mind because of that. It is a very good long term investment, and your money will be balanced with the lower electricity bills (with time).
- There will be no emission of greenhouse gases, and you will be a contributor to the welfare of the environment. Cheers!
There you go, the function of the tankless water heater. Read it for a couple of times so that it fits in your memory.
On the internet, Smart Wheater points out lots of additional key points about the operation of this heater. So, do check it out.
Best of luck!