Plastic Waste Feedstocks
Cynar’s Technology process is specifically designed to manage most plastic waste feedstock in a single profitable process that is pertinent to the persistence of global plastic disposal issues.
Acceptable Plastic Feedstocks:
- 2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene). Examples: Crinkly shopping bags, freezer bags, milk bottles, bleach bottles, buckets, rigid pipes and crates.
- 4 LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene). Examples: Garbage bags, squeeze bottles, black irrigation tubes, films and garbage bags.
- 5 PP (Polypropylene). Examples: Trays, potato bags, drinking straws, containers, tubs, plastic garden settings, baby baths and plastic boxes.
- 6 PS (Polystyrene). Examples: Trays, yoghurt & dairy containers, vending cups and produce boxes.
Non-Acceptable Plastic Feedstocks:
- 1 PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate). Examples: Soft drinks bottles, food grade packaging and trays.
- 3 PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride). Examples: Pipes, window fittings, bottles and laminates.
- 7 Other. Examples: Foams, nylons and fibreglass.
Other materials not suitable for the process (but are not limited to):
- Rubber products
- Oil based paints
- Silicone based products
- Poisons and chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides
- Oxidizing agents, fertilizers, nitrates, chlorates, perchlorates, hypochlorite’s, peroxides
- Prescribed wastes as listed in the Environment Protection Regulations
- Materials with moderate-to-high levels of nitrogen, chlorine or bromine
- Material containing sulphur